My Personal Shopping Strategy | yohana

1115-style_bubble-joe_fresh_grey_coat_fa.jpg
I'm pragmatic to the point of dogmatic when it comes to buying things abroad. If the answer to "Can I buy it in London?" is a firm "No", and the exchange rates are looking good (I permanently have my XE calculator app out on my phone), then I'll make a considered decision. In New York, I have my strict shopping routine of combing through Opening Ceremony (for local labels that can't be found in London), the NY flagships of American labels like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang and VPL, and the routine once-overs at stores like J.Crew, Madewell and Club Monaco just to sniff out what the American 'high street' is offering up. It all sounds deathly boring and completely un-spontaneous, I know. Well, that's the strictest of shopping routines. If I have a few more days, I venture into wilder places like taxidermy shops and antique hat vendors.
I recently added Joe Fresh to my high street shopping crawl as I was goaded by Tommy Ton of the blog Jak and Jil to go check out this Canadian chain's first flagship in New York. On name and logo alone, I might have dismissed Joe Fresh as inexpensive clothing that's a little on the plain side of things. After a ten-minute gander, a few key pieces jumped out at me, including a Balenciaga-ish shaped neoprene coat that comes in green and turquoise for $99, a neoprene belted coat in a bright vivid orange to match the logo also for $99 and and a matching skirt for $49, which I picked up. I also came away with a grey wool coat with an orange neoprene collar, green neoprene pockets and belt that was a very reasonable $149. The prices match up to say a Uniqlo or a Gap and the quality, as far as I can tell, is comparable to these chains, with the added bonus of having very fashion-forward pieces.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment