Glam Fairy's Sharie Gives Her Two Cents on 2Divine, Alexa's Boyfriend Drama & the Surprise Jingle! | yohana

Glam Fairy, Shari
Hair fairy Sharie Manon is always a voice of reason on Style's new hit show Glam Fairy. In this episode recap, she dishes on Briella's absurd foray into songwriting, Alexa's boy drama and 2Divine's image overhaul.
BRIELLA...THE SONGWRITING FAIRY?: She doesn't know what she wants to do! Taylor Swift can probably teach Briella a thing or two about rhyming. Her delivery is a little too simple; a little to matchy-matchy. Briella, please don't sing ever again. Wow! She needs to pay attention to the person who is sitting at her chair in front of her and not be so swayed by everything that's going on around her.
CAUGHT RED-HANDED: Seeing Alexa catch Briella and Jessica soliciting 2Divine wasn't really awkward for me because I have come to expect, generally, the unprofessional from those two. Just because one says something is a good idea, the other one still needs to use her brain! I hope they understand that Alexa was serious. Alexa is a motivated and driven business woman. She's not going to deal with their nonsense.
ALEXA'S BOYFRIEND POPS IN: I thought it was great that Danny made an appeareance! People want to know and see what's going on in Alexa's personal life. They want to see the softer side. Is she always manic or is there some normal down time? It's good for people to see that.
CROSS TRAINER CATASTROPHE: When you first enter into a relationship like that, there's either a big, giant moose head or a really ugly chair. I personally thought that Alexa overreacted about the cross trainer. But I also now know that she's never lived with anyone and it is difficult to give up your space, but that's just part of a relationship—you have to give and you have to take. I've had my fair share and let's just say my husband does not go into my closet where my shoes are. That's a non-man zone. Bitches only!
JON THE MEDIATOR: Jon knows Alexa better than anyone. But at the same time, it's not about bowing down and appeasing her. Alexa has to understand that a relationship is about giving and taking. I'm not so sure she's great at giving. If she's in a good mood, then everything is great. If she's not, it makes things more complicated.
HER TWO CENTS ON 2DIVINE: I give them a lot of credit. They're well-established in the Christian music circle. To be leaving your fan base or experimenting, that takes a lot. They also singing acapella. I think they will have success. I can see the group changing around. After spending a little bit of time with them, the three girls are kind of growing apart—and I think that's OK. Someone might go solo. Someone might not even do it anymore. It's hard enough to make it, but when you have a fan base and you change it up—that can be really scary!
DEALING WITH RELUNCTANCE: All we can do is give suggestions. We can't make someone do something. You can come and get our opinions, but at the end of the day, if you don't own and wear and believe in it, it does no good. It is hard because 2Divine wanted to be more successful in an industry where image matters a lot. Look at Lady Gaga. Her music really isn't that out there, but it's her image. I think they're going to mature and grow.
RESPONDING TO THE BACKLASH: 2Divine's final outfits were conservative, but they were definitely baby steps. I really liked the red dress that had the leather on the sides. It look really good. To be honest, there was some chatter about how people didn't like their finished looks. People don't understand that 2Divine wanted something different. A lot of people really critiqued us for Yanirey's hair staying curly and in her natural texture. I thought that was interesting because I guess they wanted it to be straight and smooth, and that was the only way they were going to accept it. We really wanted to embrace it and make the most of it. I had the most fun doing their hair.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment