Charlotte Ronson | Hollywood yohana

Charlotte Ronson

If you've ever been to a JCPenney (and who hasn't?), then you're probably aware of Charlotte Ronson's extraordinary talent to create pieces that mix femininity and edge. She managed to carry that over to her I Heart Ronson diffusion line for the department store, which is always a must-stop whenever we shop at the mall.
Needless to say, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to speak with the designer last week as she readied the fall 2012 collection for her larger brand, which debuts at New York Fashion Week tonight! "I had a modern wardrobe for a real girl in mind," she told myStyle. "Someone that matches her stocking to her gloves to her bag, and does it in a carefree way." Based on the sketch she shared with us (right), the collection looks to be right up our alley!
Keep reading for our Q&A with Ronson. Then come back here tomorrow to see all of her looks from the runway!
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: My personal style is feminine, but a little tomboyish, which always seems to show in my designs. I like a little floral dress with a beat-up leather jacket or hoodie or army jacket. I also like a suit that has more masculine detailing with lace touches as well.
SHOPPING HABIT: Having a twin [Samantha Ronson] has always been a big deal because I had to find my own identity. Growing up, my mother always asked me, "Do you love it?" whenever we went shopping. It always made me that much more attentive to everything. I wouldn't get anything unless I absolutely loved it. My sister loves everything. The things that I actually do buy, stay with me.
STYLISH VISION: The girl I design for is confident and transformative. She can find the balance between tough and soft. I like to think every girl has a bit of Charlotte Ronson in her. It is always so gratifying to just be on the street walking and see someone I don't know in something of mine that they paid full price for because they liked it.
FALL 2012 INSPIRATION: This season has a lot of details. I also added in retro, ski and luxe chalet references. You will see knitwear and coordinated looks. While the collection has colorful, bold, graphic prints and angular lines, it also has more of an Art Deco feeling. The collection is different in that it's cleaner, more refined and ladylike.
RUNWAY BEAUTY: I was thinking maybe just a clean face and just a dark lip. We'll see. You never know...
MAKEUP MANTRA: Personally, I like to have sunkissed, healthy, fresh look. I like lip gloss during the day. Lipstick is great for a punch of color at night. I also like a little eyeliner or mascara...not too much. Never too much!
BEST PART ABOUT NYFW: I love just being able to put on a show. It's great to have my family and friends come together to support just everything I've been working on for six, nine months and have been putting my blood, sweat and tears into. Then, we all get to celebrate. Usually, we do an afterparty, but my show is kind of late. So, from there, we may get a quick bite. My little sister from London is coming to stay with me and I am excited about that!
ADVICE FOR MAKING IT IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY: You have to give it your all; be available. Get there the earliest and stay the latest, and really get the most out of your internships. Find out which area of fashion you really want to be involved in, because, let's face it, the majority of life is work, so you have to love what you do.
 fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment