Hilary Duff | Hollywood yohana

Just days before Hilary Duff announced that she was pregnant with her first child, the star gave us a peek at her personal style during a party she hosted at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood. The event celebrated Kendra Scott Jewelry's new Beverly Hills store, and benefited a charity close to Hil's heart, Blessings in a Backpack.
WHAT SHE'S STYLIN': I am wearing a Yigal Azrouƫl dress, Christian Louboutins and Kendra Scott jewels.
BIG LOVE: I love all of Kendra Scott's stuff. She's a Texan and I'm a Texan, so I'm big into supporting her. It's just fun jewelry. I love that you can go into her store and mix colors and put stones in. Then, get sick of it a month later and go in and switch out the stones. It's just a really good concept. The jewelry is beautiful. What's not to love?
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: Sometimes I feel like being girlie, and I'll wear something that's more whimsical, but mix it with cowboy boots or something just a little off. But I also wear dark pieces, like blazers and skinny jeans. I keep it pretty simple. I'm more of an accessorizer.
JEWELRY GIRL: I'm so small and I always wear big jewelry. I think it's a Texas thing. We think really big. I didn't start wearing colorful stuff before I discovered Kendra's jewelry. I have these yellow earrings from her that I really love and they're just fun. Being blonde, yellow is a good color to wear. I helped her design this multicolored bracelet I'm wearing. Tonight, we were supposed to wear a color that represented who we are. I chose multicolor, which is so funny because that's my personality. I like richer colors. Kendra also makes jewel tones that are more clear, but I'm more into the rustic, stronger ones.
Mike Comrie, Hilary Duff
ARM CANDY COUTURE: Mike [Comrie] and I never talk about what we're going to wear on the red carpet beforehand. Actually, that's a lie! We went to the Met Ball a few years ago, and it was definitely talked about for that! He has really good style, and I'm actually impressed all of the time. He got dressed all by himself tonight and he does such a good job! I tend to wear pretty simple stuff, so that makes it easy. If I have on some crazier outfit, I'd be a little concerned about what he was wearing. I will tell him, "You need to tone it down! It's all about me tonight!"
ON GIVING BACK: I've been involved with feeding people for a really long time. Ever since I was touring, I would ask people to bring canned goods to my concerts and we'd end up feeding like a million people with one tour. It was really shocking for me to hear the need out there for food and that so many school children are going hungry in America. They are our future. So we came up with Blessings in a Backpack. We stuff food in backpacks and kids take them home on Friday and have the food for the weekend so that they're back ready to learn on Monday. The program has really taken off and has had benefits outside of meeting kids that we didn't expect to happen.
CHEF HILARY: I eat pretty healthy, but when I cook, I tend not to be so healthy. I like to cook, but it doesn't happen very often, so I'll use butter because I want it to taste good. I snack pretty healthy though. I like to make Greek yogurt dip, so I'll chop up a bunch of herbs and use sea salt and make some kind of a dip and use veggies. I love apples. I put almond butter on apples. I'm into making these tostadas right now and they only have 100 calories in them. You can spread beans or whatever you want and spices and make it good. Beans are so good for you, so I'm trying to incorporate more beans into my diet.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment