Caftan Queen | Hollywood yohana

Joanne Salt



5 MINUTES WITH  CAFTAN QUEEN  JOANNE SALT
Fashion photographer-turned-designer Joanne Salt is determined to make Tulum, Mexico, the next fashion capital of the world. (She moved there four years ago for love and in the process started her label, Josa Tulum.) Launched last year at Joseph, her tiny boutique in Tulum, this Canadian expat’s vintage-inspired, one-size-fits-all caftan collection landed on Holt Renfrew’s racks this summer, including an exclusive striped version (shown)
Why did you decide to launch a line of caftans?
“I have an extensive vintage collection and I would wear them and get compliments from celebrities and fashion clientele, so I thought maybe I could come up with some new designs.”

Who is the Josa Tulum woman?
“She’s sophisticated, down-to-earth—a real woman who travels and is very confident.”
Which silhouette do you prefer to wear?
“I wear the long one. In Tulum, I throw that on at night, barefoot, with a big, beautiful vintage necklace.”
What’s your next step?
“I’m in the process of working on a fragrance line; I want to do more accessories, and I want to do homeware. We’d love to grow it so we can offer our customers the Josa lifestyle. This is the life I live.”

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment