Warren Alfie Baker Talks Styling Tamera for Season 2 Shoot | Hollywood yohana

Warren Baker, Tamera Mowry-Housley 
 
We were right there as Tia and Tamera shot the promo pics for Season 2 of their hit reality show, which returns to Style on Monday, June 11, at 8/7c. It was there that we met Warren Alfie Baker, who styled the lovely Tamera. Read on to find out his approach to dressing Tam!
How did Tamera help guide the wardrobe selections?I had a conversation with Tamera before I started to pull clothes. It always helps to see what the inspiration is and see if the client wants to try anything new. I had never worked with Tamera before, so I wanted to combine my sense of fashion with her requests. I love a bit of teamwork! Tamera said she was a big fan of Victoria Beckham's style—that real structured dress look, but still sexy. I really love that sense of style, but I also wanted to keep her look young and fresh by playing with prints.
What kinds of clothes did you have for Tamera?
When I was pulling clothes for Tamera, I was looking for some quirkiness to add to Tamera's style. We had never worked together, so it was about trying new things and exploring brands, colors and structures. I am one of those stylists who goes on instinct and is pretty secure in their choices. For instance, I used a gorgeous Karen Millen structured dress, which was good for a little curve. It lays just above the knee, but is super fitted. This dress, in particular, was a navy blue with bursts of pinks and orange flowers that made it pop. It was one of my favorites.
Did you have to take into consideration what Tia would be wearing?
We were quite lucky with this! They managed to just work together on the first try! They look great together.
After working with Tamera, how would you describe her sense of style?
Tamera loves structured dresses that are classic and timeless. What I love about her is that she is open to try new things, which shows that she will forever be evolving. I think that's a great way to be with fashion. I wanted to work with bolder colors for Tamera and work with her gorgeous figure. The dresses I chose were timeless with a twist.
What did Tamera love about each of her outfits for the photo shoot?
Tamera was most excited that she was trying on brands that she had never tried before. It's always such a great feeling when you can educate clients in addition to just bringing the clothes. When a client says "I never would have picked this," but then tries it on and ends up loving it, that's when you know that you have done your job well.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com
 

Post a Comment