Sharie Manon | yohana

Sharie Manon
The Glam Fairy gang is taking a break for the holidays, with new episodes premiering after the new year. But check the schedule here for repeats. In lieu of Sharie Manon's weekly blog, we bring you an interview we did with the hair diva during the show's premiere party in NYC, where she gave us the scoop on her personal style.
WHAT SHE'S STYLIN': I'm wearing a dress that's ruched on the sides and has a T-strap on the back. It's very sexy. It shows off my scapula. And it's also leopard on the bottom. I bought it off the rack, and then took it to my tailor, who modified it and, now, it fits like a glove and that's why I chose it. I paired it with a bright mauve-and-purple Aldo shoe to get that pop of color. They're amazing! I wear all kinds of designers. My favorite shoe designer is Giuseppe Zanotti, but you know what? Aldo had the shoe in the color that I wanted and it was $100.
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: I'm sexy rocker-chic. I love to mix things up. I can wear a very expensive piece and I can wear something that I bought at H&M or Topshop and really work it out. While I'm influenced by trends, I don't live by trends. I'll buy something amazing, like a great Chanel jacket and wear it for a few seasons with trendy jewelry. But you're not going to see me buy really expensive trends every single season. I try to be smart.
BEAUTY ICONS: I look to styles from the '40s for inspiration. Veronica Lake has a great look that's very classic and that type of wave in the hair always looks good. It never goes out of style and it's beautiful. Dita Von Teese does a really great look for her makeup. It's classic. The wing is not too heavy. There's not a lot of contour. To make it more current, sometimes I'll look to Gwen Stefani. She's like me: a stylish mom. She has that rock vibe. Her makeup is always on point. She doesn't look to an artist to do her face. She does her own. I love that!
FLAWLESS FACE: All my skincare is Shiseido. I use Makeup Forever primer. I also use their High Definition foundation, which covers everything, but shows the texture of the skin. I don't want to look like I'm made of plastic.
COLD WEATHER FAVES: I'm really loving booties. I'm either doing an ankle or knee-high bootie. The mid-calf boot is boring and bland. I have about a thousand booties. I like to rock them with a little skirt for a cute school girl-inspired look. I'm also doing a lot of different biker-style jackets. Instead of the tweed jacket, I'll wear that to give my outfit edge. I just got a white cowl neck leather one with all these studs. I always put my rocker twist on all my fashion. In the summertime, I often look for tanks where the back is sheer or it's asymmetric on one side, and I layer them into the fall. I usually look for pieces that are different and unique in the structure and the details.
HOLIDAY FABULOUS: I'm not a fan of the velour or velvety looks during the holidays. But I love the jewel tops. Chanel was rocking a lot of wonderful jewel tones and they're adding the really deep gold—the gold that's happening this year has a little bit more bronze to it. It's not as cold as some of the golds are and I love that! You're going to see me in an emerald, really deep wine or deep sapphire dress this holiday season. Those are great colors and they're really smart for most people in the holidays. And, of course, you're jewelry should definitely be gold.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment