Haylie Duff | yohana

Haylie Duff
The actress and auntie-to-be (her sis, Hilary Duff, is due to give birth to a boy in March), gave us a peek at her personal style at the Wella Beauty Bar, held at the Nine Zero One Salon in West Hollywood. During the day of pampering, VIPs indulged in braids and blowouts, Fake Bake spray tan, manicures and Bio-Oil hand massages.
WHAT SHE'S STYLIN': Today, I'm wearing Rag & Bone jeans, Helmut Lang top and Elie Tahari ankle boots.
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: Simple and easy. I'm kind of lazy most of the time. I found these pants and I had no idea what to wear them with. I mismatch a lot of things. I don't follow too many trends. I go with what feels good. Most of the stuff I wear is stuff I've had in my closet for a while. I like to be causal. I like to be comfortable. I try go completely contradictory to what I'm wearing today. Normally, I go really classic. I love a good white shirt.
WATCH OUT!: I love to wear a great watch—that's my favorite thing to wear right now. I have Cartier's "Tank" men's watch that I like to wear. I've had it since my 17th birthday. I still think it's such a classic. It's a square face.  But I love Michael Kors watches. They're so easy. They have a rose gold that's beautiful. They make a great watch that's a little more affordable. It's great! I love it a lot.
RED CARPET STYLE: I look for dresses that fit really well—ones that I won't be tugging at all night. That's my No. 1 thing when I'm trying on stuff. That goes back to my desire to be comfortable. I also look for things that I'm not going to be embarrassed about five years from now.
FAVORITE DESIGNER: I love Diane von Furstenberg. I've loved her since I was a teenager. She's classic, easy.
DECOR DIVA: I collect chandeliers. I collect pillows. I collect little Buddhas. I collect little crystal bottles that have stones on them, like amethysts. I'm all into the home stuff. I literally would move into restoration hardware if I could. I love the discount websites, too, like One Kings Lane. Gilt Groupe Home always has good stuff. I love online shopping! You can also go all up and down 3rd street and Beverly [in L.A.] and find great shops with awesome stuff.
SEAHORSE SURPRISE: This is going to sound a little silly. I was told by a psychic a few weeks ago that my spirit guide was a seahorse. Then, I was in this vintage store here in La Brea. They had these two little chairs from 1908 that are falling apart, but they're so cute. They're like these little, almost like cigar room chairs and they're black leather and they're all beat up. On the back of the chair, it had two seahorses back-to-back printed on it and there was a pair of the chairs and I was like, "Done!" That's probably my favorite item I recently purchased.
SKINCARE REGIMEN: I love Bobbi Brown lip gloss. I've been using a lot of that. I love face products more than I do makeup really. I think if you take really good care of your skin, any makeup you use is going to be OK. I love the Sonya Dakar enzyme peel. I use that all time. I try to do my work and the prep work versus the actual makeup.
MOTHER KNOWS BEST: My mom told me to wash my face every night before bed. That's the best advice. I love a hot towel, but sometimes I'm too lazy. I love Dermalogica's basic face wash because it removes all your makeup.
ON HER SISTER'S PREGNANCY STYLE: She's done such a great job with dressing for her [growing belly]. We joke that if she were to hold a menu in front of her at a restaurant, no one would know she was pregnant! She's doing so good. She's had no morning sickness. It's really doing great things for her.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment