Selena Gomez | Hollywood yohana

Selena Gomez


Selena Gomez has already found success in TV, music and fashion, but now the 19-year-old is taking on the world of perfume. Her first fragrance, Selena Gomez, hits Macy's stores in May, and myStyle sat down with her to find out more about the scent, boyfriend Justin Bieber's take on it and her current fashion philosophies.
DREAM PROJECT: I had no idea what went into making a perfume! I love fragrances. I have over 20 at my house, and when I was younger, I got Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's deluxe [perfumes] every Christmas. I had all of that, so it's always been something that I wanted to do, and I found the best team to do it with.
FANS PITCH IN: I sat down for three hours and smelled every different note possible to create a fragrance. We narrowed it down to 20, and [then] I had my fans involved. For months, we did a whole campaign online, and my fans got to put things together, and we finally chose 12 of them from all over the world to come to New York with me. We had three different bottles and smelled each of the fragrances together, and they helped me create it.
SCENT-SATIONAL PERFUME: I describe it as yummy. It's romantic. It's not over-bearing. Simple!
NOTES ON NOTES: My mom legitimately likes it. She's so honest with me—she'll tell me that she doesn't like my clothes or the dress I wore, but she wears this everyday. So, I wanted to make sure that it was something that could appease everybody, which is why there's not a picture of me on the box. I wanted it to be about the fragrance.
LIP SERVICE: The bottle was really the hardest part, because I wanted it to be tall. I like the fact that it stands out, because I always go to the ones that are tallest in the morning. The design of the bottle is almost like a gown, so it represents me on the red carpet. The lips [on top] are fun! It makes it more youthful, and you can play with it. I get bored and play with things, so I think it's perfect.
TAYLOR SWIFT SAYS: She smelled mine and loved it, which was awesome, because it's good to have her approval.
BOYFRIEND BENEFITS: [Justin] likes it a lot. Everything I do is inspired by something, whether it's him, my family or my fans. There's a little bit of me in everything that I do.
STYLE PHILOSOPHY: Classic. I'm always about comfort. I love making things that are comfortable and affordable for everybody to wear, but it's not worth dressing for other people because that's exhausting. Just dress for yourself.
SUMMER STYLE: I like a lot of shorts. I don't like things tight in the summer. It's too hot, so I like flowy things.
FAVE DESIGNERS: Marchesa and Christina Cota. They are very feminine, pretty and flowy.

Post a Comment