Test-driving the green (really green) tea facial at Vida Spa | Hollywood yohana



Heading to the spa in the name of research is but one perk of being an editor at a fashion magazine. Sure, sometimes, when I’m covered in mud and cinched uncomfortably into 5-foot-long saran wrap (where I’m then left for 10 minutes), I look down and wonder at how I got here, but for the most part, test-driving new treatments is one of the best parts of my job. The new Vida Spa at the Westin Bayshore Hotel (1601 Bayshore Dr., 604-682-VIDA, vidaspas.) proved this to be true once again. The 5,000-square-foot spa boasts 10 treatment rooms, and president Allison Hegedus has outfitted her company’s fifth location using sustainable, eco-friendly materials where possible. Bamboo flooring adds to the soft look throughout, while the lounge for pre- and post-treatment relaxation features seating filled with soy-based, recyclable foam from Vancouver’s own Nest Interiors (nesthome.ca).
For my first visit to this new spa (the hotel was the official home to the International Olympic Committee and thus, was closed for most of February, just after the spa’s official opening), I test-drove a Green Tea Facial ($130 for 60 minutes; $175 for 90 minutes), which includes a deep cleanse, exfoliation, and facial massage before an antioxidant-rich, green tea mask is applied to help cleanse, tone and protect the skin. A word to the wary: if you don’t like the smell of green tea, this probably isn’t the best treatment for you, but since a matcha latté is an almost-daily routine for me, I loved it. Get in quick, though—this spring cleaning treatment is 15 per cent off from April 1 to May 31.


fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment