Calgary: Domestic Diva | Hollywood yohana

may09jubilee_lg1


There’s nothing I love more than throwing a dinner party.  I fully admit, I have an inner Martha stirring inside of me, just dying to serve up elegant hors d’oeuvres and lavish spreads to guests sidling up to homemade place cards.  I’m pretty sure I get this burning desire to entertain from my mother.
So, you can just imagine my domestic delight when I stumbled upon the Kitsch’n Glam (kitchenglam.) collection at I Appeal (634A 17 Avenue SW, 403-271-3696 and 1109B Kensington Rd NW, 403-270-3611). These retro-whimsical aprons ($42 for the halter style), give a sexy and fashionable twist to an age-old kitchen accessories.  Who says glamour isn’t for the kitchen?  There’s nothing worse than scrambling to look presentable when guests arrive, but these are so darn cute you can wear them into the evening. (A couple of styles are even reversible!) Emblazoned with prints that give a nod to ’50s nostalgia, these vintage-style aprons come in half and full length with flirty cuts that can’t help but bring a smile to your face.  With names like “Frosting,” “Love Nest” and “Jubilee,” (shown) they put a playful spin on the phrase “What’s cookin’, good lookin’?”.


fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment