Layla Kayleigh Dishes on Dressing Her Daughter, Hosting Dinner Parties & Spending Summer in Style | Hollywood yohana

Layla Kayleigh 
 
 From dressing her 2-year-old daughter Melody to spending summer in style, we caught up with the Empire Girl at Trueheart Events' America's Best Dance Crew Backstage Gifting Experience to get the scoop on how she lives life as fashionably as possible! (She checked out the lounge immediately after shooting ABDC's pre-finale show. Hence, the ultra-glam ensemble!)The beautiful working mom walked away with from RAC n ROLL, iiJin, Valentine Viannay, Claudine Cabaron Jewelry and Design By Sig.

Who are you wearing? Why do you love your outfit?
It's Bebe! They give me a bunch of stuff, so my loyalty is with them and I rock whatever they give me. Any girl can look good when she's wearing Versace and Chanel, but show me a girl in Forever 21 and a nice pair of heels and, to me, that's the girl who's really stylin'! My shoes are from XTC on Melrose. My jewlery is Stella & Dot. I love their pieces! They're reasonably priced. I'm a mom, so when it comes to spending money, I feel bad when I splurge on myself. I'd rather splurge on my daughter Melody. I like things that look expensive, but are really affordable.
How do you dress your daughter? What's her style?
My daughter likes to dress herself! She refuses to let me dress her. Sometimes it's embarrassing because she wears polkadot pants with a floral shirt and she'll put on her Disney princess jewelry, but I think it's really important to let kids find their own style and their own voice. People will look at me crazy and say, "You let your daughter dress like that?!" But she chooses what she wears and I let her. As long as it's weather appropriate, I'm cool with it.
Do you two ever wear matchy-matchy outfits?
Actually, she likes to be my mini-me! She says, "Oh, you're wearing sneakers? I'm going to wear sneakers!" She sees me in high heels, so she brings out her Cinderella light-up heels. She wants to dress like me! Sometimes, I'll be wearing an outfit that's a little hoochie mama-ish and I say, No, no! You can't wear a dress like mommy!
How do you stay looking stylish in the heat?
When I'm not working, I don't like wearing foundation, powder or stuff like that on my skin because, in the summer when you're sweating, that's going to clog your skin. This summer, I'll stick to mascara, a nice lip balm and maybe some blush to give some color to my cheeks. Also, I wear flats! No heels for me! I have a very beachy style living in California. When I go to the East Coast, Adrienne's like, "What are you wearing?!" Her and Julissa are so fashionable. I'm like comfort-fashion. It's changed since I've become a mom. I used to never be like that. I used to be the girl hiking in five-inch heels. Now I'm like, Give me a pair of sneakers! I want to take these bad boys off!
Speaking of Adrienne, she's made headlines for over-the-top outfits. What do you think of her risqué style?
I really admire her. I think she takes risks. That takes a lot of guts. Adrienne will wear something and she's like, "Oh, I look crazy in that!" and she acknowledges it, but at least she goes out there and does it. So many of us want to wear a really cool, risqué piece, but we are too afraid. Adrienne is freakin' fearless and I really love that about her.
Layla Kayleigh
How do you describe your decorating personality?
I have a Spanish-style house. My husband is half Mexican, so he takes over. I don't even get to have a say. He has an Aztec calendar made out of marble for Christ's sake! My personal taste is like that of a gaudy, Persian gay man. It's actually good that my husband designs our house. It's a Spanish style and comfortable. I like cozy homes. I don't like homes where it looks amazing, but then you sit down and you lookuncomfortable. I'm good at dressing myself, but when it comes to shopping for home, I am awful! I will buy a piece that's Asian-inspired and, then, I'll buy a piece that's Spanish-inspired. If it were in my hands, my house would look like a schizophrenic person's house.
Do you like to host or entertain in your home?
Yes! I actually threw Julissa's surprise birthday party at my house last year and I loved it. We invited a whole bunch of people to the house—some of her friends we knew, some of her friends we didn't know. I love hosting! I love to cook and I love to have people over. I just think it's such a fun time. My husband is a little bit neurotic. He follows people around, making sure they have coasters and not spilling anything. I'm like, Whatever! Let them have fun!
What are your ingredients to a good dinner party?
Good food, good company and good music! I love candles! When we have friends over, they'll say, "What are you doing? Are you romancing us?" I love dimming the lights and lighting candles and getting everyone to relax.
What's something people would be surprised to know about you?
I'm such a geek! I'm more of a comic geek. I'm obsessed with The Punisher. I used to collect comic books when I was younger. Even last night, I went to the MTV Movie Awards and everyone was screaming for R-Patz, but when Christopher Nolan [director of the Batman troiology] came on stage, I screamed! Everyone looked at me and said, "What is wrong with you?!" But I really get excited over geeky stuff, not R-Patz or Bieber or Selena Gomez.


fashionsandmode.blogspot.com 
 

Post a Comment