Kristin Cavallari | Hollywood yohana

Kristin Cavallari

Kristin Cavallari can wear any designer she pleases, but lately, she's been spotted in Maria Lucia Hohan over and over again. myStyle caught up with the former Hills star to find out about this latest style obsession, as well as her lifelong fashion philosophy and favorite new trends.
LOVING MLH: I love her designs! She makes beautiful dresses that really accentuate the best features of a woman's body. You feel confident in her dresses.
GRECIAN GODDESS: I had a fitting with my stylists Sammy and Judy, aka "The Kids," and we decided on the pale blue Maria Lucia Hohan gown (top, far left) for a few reasons. First off, we were obsessed with the color. It's this gorgeous shade of pastel blue with a pale seafoam green tint. It was beautiful! Second, I loved the strapless bodice with all the rouching. Third, the dress hit my waist at the smallest point, then went out into a long skirt. I felt like a princess at the ball. It was the perfect dress for the event.
ACCESSORY GOLD: We thought the blue dress was a perfect blank canvas to really make a bold statement with the accessories, so we experimented with mixing different metals. We chose this light gold metal belt by Chloé to really cinch in my waist. Then, we stacked a bunch of silver pave diamond bracelets on one hand and matched them with statement earrings. It was risky to mix metals, but it definitely paid off because it came together so well!
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: It is and always has been dress for your body type. Get things tailored! And the most important accessory to have is confidence. Celebrate your individuality and wear what makes you feel good. When you feel comfortable in your skin, you're wearing the fashion—the fashion isn't wearing you.
MINI MAVEN: The key is dressing for your body type. I'm not the tallest girl, so I often shorten the hemline on my dresses to maximize my legs and give the illusion of height. An outfit needs to be appropriate for the event and dress code, but mostly I choose dresses based on fit, what looks good and what mood I'm in. It's a combination of everything!
TREND FORECAST: I'm loving pastel colors right now and for this upcoming spring season. I'm still a huge fan of nude shoes—they go with everything, and it's a trend that's definitely here to stay. Also, every girl needs a great trench coat. Right now, I'm obsessed with the Burberry trench I just got.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment