Louise Roe | Hollywood yohana

Louise Roe

After sitting front row at at least 10 runway shows during New York Fashion Week (lucky girl!), Louise Roe headed back to Los Angeles to attend Pascal Mouawad's GLAMHOUSE.com launch party hosted by Perez Hilton, where we got the scoop on the fashion journalist's NYFW experience, personal style and beauty must-haves!
WHAT SHE'S STYLIN': I got my dress on sale at ZARA on Hollywood Boulevard. My coat is inexpensive! It's from Dorothy Perkins in England. And I am excited to say that my accessories are from my line Stylistpick in Europe.
ACCESSORIES MAVEN: This is my double finger ring. I wanted it to be very rustic, so I used wood, cork and gold. I just love the tangerine, peachy colors this season. It's designed after a pendant my mom had in the '70s, so I kind of stole it. I also got my wooden wedge on. I  just wanted to do some very boho pieces for the spring.
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: Very '70s. I model myself after women like Lauren Hutton and Farrah Fawcett, who could literally throw on a pair of ripped denim shorts and look so sexy with a white shirt. They didn't have to be in push-up bras and tight, bright clothes, and I love that.
SHOE FIEND: I love a high heel. Add a high heel to any outfit and it makes it pop! Camilla Skovgaard is pretty amazing. She makes really, really interesting ones.
BEAUTY MUST-HAVES: I really love L'OCCITANE. I just stared using their eye serum, which is amazing. I love the new lipsticks by L'oréal Paris. I don't wear much lipstick, but theirs is the first one that I really liked. I love Laura Mercier blush, which stays in place. I love a really pink cheek. I do masks all the time. I've got a Givenchy one at the moment. The new CoverGirl mascara is unbelievable! It makes you look like you have false lashes on.
FASHION WEEK TALK: It was awesome! It was cold, but I had lots of fun. I wore loads of amazing, bright outfits. it started slow for me. I didn't love all the clothes at first, but then I saw the Mara Hoffman and Tibi shows and I was like, Now were talking! Those two shows were my favorites. The first look at the Mara Hoffman show was my all- time favorite thing ever. DVF had such bright colors. In fact, there was so much color shown for fall—more than I have ever seen in my five years as a fashion journalist. I'm am so sick of seeing black and brown on the runways.
NYFW FUR TREND: I love the look of it. Real fur is different than faux fur, to be honest. They make faux fur so well nowadays that there is not much need to wear real fur. The fur sleeves and detachable collars are very Downton Abbey. It's very retro-chic. It might be a bit of Madmen, too. I think it's from those two different eras, where women were very elegant and lady like. You can wear the fur pieces with a red lip and it's just so femme fatale.
FRONT ROW WARDROBE: I wore three blue outfits in one day, but I did every color in the rainbow. Im into turquoise. I think turquoise blazers are going to be the next big thing. I saw Zoe Saldana wearing one.
SURPRISE SEATING: I really don't know ahead of time who I sit next to at runway shows. They just show up! Sometimes I know them, and sometimes I don't. Shenae Grimes and I get along well, so it's always nice to catch up with her. If I sit next to someone new, I just hope that whoever it is is friendly and they usualy are.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment