Heidi Dillon of Big Rich Texas | Hollywood yohana

Heidi Dillon

The second season of Big Rich Texas will welcome a new and fabulous socialite, Heidi Dillon! When we met with the Dallas style queen and Fashionistas founder, she was all geared up for her role in Big Rich Texas. We couldn't wait to sit down with Heidi to witness her Texas-sized personality for ourselves! Here's what she had to say:
How do you love to dress? At this point in my life, I don't worry too much about trends. I say if you're no longer a work of art, you should wear one. I love edgy, architectural pieces. I feel they're very timeless. I wear a lot of black because it's slimming and a no-brainer. I then usually layer on the silver and gold accessories.
Who are your favorite designers? I love Helmut Lang, I'm wearing a dress by him now. My coat is from Nha Khanh, a young designer from my nonprofit Fashionistas. I also like Rick Owens, Marni, Givenchy, Chanel and one of my favorites is Donna Karan.
What's your sign? I'm a Gemini so I have two extremes and no middle ground. I'm either social, gregarious and very lively or I'm quiet, very private and act like a shut-in.
You've been married for twenty years. Any advice on making love last? My husband Bill and I have been together for 35 years and recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. The first ingredient is you must be madly in love and don't marry for any other reason than you're I love. You then must both make an effort to keep the romance alive. Even if you have to schedule it in, you should have date nights every week or you'll drift apart.

Do you ever get wrapped up in all the high-society drama? It's just all fun to me. I don't take it too seriously, and I like that I can stir the pot so easily. The socialite scene in Dallas is very conservative, very scripted and you have to play along if you want to be accepted. I did that for seven years and got tired of it because I hate cliques! That's when I started Fashionistas.

What's your daily makeup routine? I like to give myself a smoky eye, and I've really gotten into lash extensions. The combo of both helps to open up your eyes and liven them up. I usually finish off with a nude or berry lip.
Why did you start your non-profit Fashionistas? When I moved to Dallas 18 years ago, there was no diversity in the high-society circle I was in. It just got boring. I wanted to start Fashionistas because I've always felt fashion is a great unifier. I wanted a group that was inclusive because I've always been very interested in communities.  Fashionistas is a safe haven for people from all walks of life who can connect through their shared love of fashion.

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment