Giuliana's "Chicago Gusband" Eric Gives His Side of the Story! | Hollywood yohana

Eric Himel 
 
On tonight's Giuliana and Bill, G's Chicago gusband (gay husband) Eric Himel butted heads with her actual hubby Bill over RPM Italian's staff uniforms—among other things! Read on to get the stylist's take on everything from the infamous fashion faceoff to making peace with Bill.
Giuliana calls you her "Chicago gusband." Describe the dynamic of your friendship with Giuliana.
I LOVE that term. I am very honored and take the title very seriously! For better or for worse; in Jimmy Choos or Manolos. I've known Giuliana for two years. We met during a Bright Pink photo shoot, which I styled. She had just had a miscarriage, which no one knew about yet. I just remember how professional she was and how she went out of her way to make sure everyone felt comfortable. I love that she gets me and accepts me and my quirkiness—and that she is always up for shopping! I really love her work ethic and that she is a total multi-taker and people pleaser, which I appreciate and can relate to!
Why did you and Bill get into it during the fashion faceoff? Did any of his remarks sting or was it all fun?I actually think Bill and I are more alike than he would ever admit! We are both very strong-minded men that think we know what's right. Yes, there was one comment that really irked me. It was when he asked me what I do and where and for how long! I was agasp! I felt like we were always having a stare-off competition! Ugh! But I love him like an annoying older brother who is a goody-two shoes!


It's clear you prefer fashion over function. Do you still stand by your styling choices in retrospect?
TOTES! (That's "totally" in G and my speak.) Bill and the Melmans were being way too practical. I obviously respect the Melmans immensely, as they know what they are doing, but I was approaching it from someone who would be coming to the restaurant. The beauty of styling is that you can actually create a feeling or vibe. Dressing the servers, hostess and bartenders sexier would have actually changed the customers' experience in a positive way! But I still LOVE RPM. It's a beautiful space with amazing food! I love that they went with my suggestion of a vest!
Have you had a chance to see the staff uniforms that they went with? What do you think about the outfits?
I have! I think we reached a compromise, but I stand by my suggestions. I am a stylist after all and a darn good one!
Why did you want to style Bill for the opening? You ended up not having to. What would you have put him in?
Listen, I am the first to admit when something is good. When Bill came to the door and I saw him dressed for the party, I wanted to lick him! That's the true test if someone is dressed perfectly! He was that perfect combination of manly and sexy and stylish without being too metrosexual (a word I never took to). Why mess with perfection?!

How did you feel about Bill shooting down a lot of the dresses that you pulled for Giuliana for the opening?
I thought he must've been on crack—or a misogynist. G looks good in a paper bag. He was being a tad bit critical. She looked AMAZEBALLS in all of them. Bill can stick to buildings (or whatever he does) and I'll stick to fashion.
Giuliana looked ah-mazing in the dress she ended up wearing! Who made it? What did you love about it?
It is by Halston Heritage from one of my favorite Chicago boutiques, Sofia. I love that it was long, but not dressy. I love that it was diaphanous and sexy without being "hoochie." And I love that it was navy and not black or a bright color. The unexpected is always good in fashion.
You gifted Bill with cufflinks. What's your relationship like with him now? Do you two have a bromance?
A little bribe goes a long way! No, I am kidding! I guess, in my little way, it was a peace offering. I was extending an olive branch! My relationship is great with Bill. We have a mutual respect, although I don't think he would use that word! As for a bromance, absolutely not! He is not my type. Too girlie!

fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

 
 
 

Post a Comment