Shop Good Night, Day for knits that are far from the granny-on-acid variety | Hollywood yohana



The low down: If you must knit-pick, pick Tara-Lynn Morrison, a.k.a. Good Night, Day. The Hamilton designer has been making lovely mellow sweaters, scarves, hats and headbands for five years now, selling them first on Etsy and at craft fairs, and now through Big Cartel and small boutiques. You might remember her work as Yarn Over Movement, or from sites like Miss Moss, Fieldguided and Refinery29. Bonus trivia: one of her models, Stephanie, used to intern right here at FASHIONmagazine.com.

The price range: $55–$148
The goods: I don’t make things myself. I don’t have time to make things myself, and I don’t have money to waste on things that look like I made them myself. That’s why I so appreciate a hand-knit thing that doesn’t look like it was made by your granny on acid, but is instead cut in a clean, contemporary way, like this ember-red Uruguayan wool tank for $88, or a $55 slouchy merino toque (love you, Marc Jacobs 1994 grunge collection). Besides, all the wools are conscientiously sourced and naturally dyed. You can hardly go wrong.
The shipping: Morrison says shipments take longer due to super-demand at Christmas, but it’s not Christmas now. Is it? Tell me if it is. Most of her in-stock items are ready-knit and ship out the same day you order them; if something isn’t ready, she’ll knit and ship within three business days. Costs rarely exceed $10 for a smaller package (headbands, tanks) and $15 for a larger one (multiple items or long-ass scarves).
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment