Get Frizz-Free Locks With a Brazilian Blowout | yohana

Brazillian Blowout BeforeBrazillian Blowout After
Curly. Frizzy. Damaged. Dry. Colored. Most likely, any gal will say they have at least one of these types of hair. Personally, I'd check mark four out of the five included. So when the hype about the Brazilian blowout started, I initially thought it would be the answer to my frizz-free prayers. But I was hesitant to try it because even though I wanted smooth hair, I still wanted it to look like it was my hair.
After months of debating, I decided it was time to take the plunge. So I booked my appointment with Liz Devin at the Andy Lecompte Salon located in West Hollywood, which uses a vegan product, Cadiveu. In fact, Liz is the hair stylists who transformed Nicole Richie's curly locks into manageable tresses that had the babe rating, raving and blogging about it!
Brazillian Blowout
When I came into the urban-meets-art gallery salon, Liz and I had a consultation to discuss my mane troubles before staring the treatment. Afterward, they washed my hair. As I sat in the chair, Liz blasted fans so that both of us would stay cool while she applied the treatment and sealed it with a 450 degree flat iron. After that, they rinsed my hair so that all the excess product in my tresses would be removed. Liz started blow drying my hair—without a brush or products—and it actually co-operated and there weren't any severe fly-aways or anything! VoilĂ , it was instant improvements!Brazillian Blowout
Afterward, she styled my locks and after 90 minutes at the salon I left with gorgeous and glossy tresses (cue in Herbal Essences commercial). Although spending an hour and a half at a salon may seem like a task, it's a mere sacrifice to having three to four months of manageable locks.
Like any hair change, it is always hard to tell if your mane will stay the same after you leave the salon and use your amateur styling techniques at home. So to test out my tresses, I let it air dry my hair and I was beyond myself. Not only did my locks keep its natural structure, but my frizz tamed down at least 90 percent without having to break out the flat iron or leave-in conditioner.
Then when I tired to straighten my locks, it took me a total of 10 minutes, which it usually would have taken me 45 minutes to get a decent (still frizzy) 'do. This process has truly made me a believer; you bet I'll be saving up to get the treatment redone in the next three month. Prices vary by salon. At the Andy Lecompte salon, it starts at $350.
But if you are still skeptical or want to learn more about the process, we chatted up Liz who gave us tips on how to prep your mane to what products to use!
Brazillian Blowout Salon
• Brazilian vs. Keratin: They are all a keratin treatment on some level. Brazilian straighteners change the structure of your hair. You have to leave them in for a few days and can't get any bends or creases in your hair. With the Brazilian blowout or treatment, you can wash your hair the same day, put it in a ponytail, braid, curl it and it won't have any effect on the treatment.
• Prep Time: When you are going to get a treatment. You should go with your hair air dried and in its natural state. No product, no brushes, no blow dryer—just as natural as it can be. This is so that the stylists can tell what your hair looks like. Everybody's hair is different there is no one size fits all and it's hard to say this is going to work for everyone. This treatment definitely works for the majority of people, but it works differently for everybody.
• Hit the Dye: If someone is getting highlights, they should get their highlights done first. Highlights take pigments out of your hair, so it's obviously going to take pigments off the treatment. If they are going darker or depositing color, they should do it after because this seals you hair making it really, really shiny. It'll look more reflective, brighter and you'll get that glossy finish. And if you need to cut your hair, do it after the treatment.
• Lather, Rinse, Repeat: Washing your hair is a catch 22 because it takes out the product. However, your hair will absorb more oil than before, so you will need to wash it more often. If you used to wash you hair every three to four days, you are going to need to wash it every other day. But styling you hair now will only take like 10 minutes, so you won't mind. That being said, people with thicker, coarser hair won't have that problem.
• Maintenance, Baby!: To keep up the treatment invest in good shampoo and conditioner. Go to a beauty supply and talk to them and find a quality product. It's worth the money to keep your investment. The product you need has to be sulfate-free. For people with thick hair, I'd suggest the Brazilian Blowout retail brand. But for some, at the beginning, that can be to heavy. I'd suggest Oribe, which has a silver line, or Rahua, an all-organic shampoo.
• Styling Solutions: You have to work backwards; you do the exact opposite of everything you did before. You don't need the same products, like moose and leave-in conditioners. Some people think there hair is too straight or flat after getting this, but they are styling there hair that way. To get volume, flip your head upside down and put the blow-dryer on the root to get a lift on the crown. If you want to just wash and wear, without any styling: brush it, lift you head upside down, scrunch it to give it a little lift at the root and you are good to go. The best brush to use when straightening it would be a paddle brush, and then use a round bush to give you waves at the end.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment