Style Bar Beverly Hills Offers Recessionistas the VIP Treatment | yohana

Style Bar
Recessionistas, rejoice! Anti-salons are a very big trend in the beauty world. That means luxury services at affordable prices. Another goal of these establishments is to get clients in and out in an hour, which is even more perfect because, as we all know, time is money! The parlors are so far removed from the traditional idea of a salon that their owners came up with a new label, "bar." Well, that brings new meaning to the term "happy hour!"
've already introduced you to Drybar. Now meet Style Bar Beverly Hills, where hair, makeup and mani/pedi are an incredible $33 each. But that's not all. They've upped the ante by training their technicians to simultaneously do all of the services on clients. You read that right! Four services. Done at once. In under an hour. For under $100. You know I had to see that for myself!
Sisters Ramona Molayem and Sharona Rahimian started the business under a year ago to address the effect the deteriorating economy had on their packed social calendars. "We wanted a simple, cost-effective place where people can go get everything done under one roof—and as quickly as possible. It's hard to go from one location to the next with L.A. traffic," Molayem said of Style Bar, an intimate space with an old Hollywood glam black-and-white décor complete with lavish chandeliers.
It was interesting (and quite flattering!) to witness a trio of well-choreographed professionals work on me. Hair stylist Denis Eisagholian kicked everything off. He was several minutes into prepping my updo when makeup artist Hermine Asatryan started to apply my makeup. "We all know how to handle the situation without bumping into each other," explained Eisagholian. "If the lashes or liner is being done, I know not to shake the hair." Nail technician Wendy Thau joined in the last half of the hour to do my mani. (I didn't need a pedi at the time.)
All in all, I was pleased with the outcome. It was like receiving the V.I.P. treatment minus the overpriced bill. My hair and makeup were flawless. My only gripe was that I felt my manicure was a bit rushed. I had bright orange polish on my left palm that was only removed after I pointed it out—to one of the owners! And the mani was chip-free only for that night. Unless you're crunched for time, it's probably best to stick with your trusted nail parlor.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment