Alyson Hannigan | yohana

Alyson Hannigan
Alyson Hannigan of How I Met Your Mother told us about her personal style (and her baby daughter's) during a brunch in Century City that promoted the launch of The Good Girlfriend Guide presented by Head & Shoulders.
REDHEAD BEAUTY TIPS: I try to go for more autumn colors. And obviously, avoid all red-tinted cosmetics. You also need to pay a lot of attention to skin tone. I'm very fair, so the natural look has always worked best for me. Basically any color you would find in a forest, I feel would probably look good on me!
WORST FASHION BLUNDER: In high school, I had no sense of style at all. I thought it was awesome to wear Dr. Seuss boxer shorts over leggings with Converse sneakers. And I wore Converse everywhere! I even wore Converse to prom! High school was full of style faux pas.
STYLE EVOLUTION: I still like rocking the Converse, but in my twenties I developed a true love of fashion. I finally became a girl and felt I had to make up for lost time! I embrace a lot of different looks, and my style really just changes based on my mood. I'm hippie one day and then conservative the next. I'm inspired by a lot of different things I see day to day. I don't like to pin down my style since it's always shifting.
GO TO STAPLES FOR FALL: Boots and blazers! I'm all about the boots and blazers now. I also like adding a scarf to everything, there are so many ways they can up your look. I'm also getting into the whole throwing a chunky sweater over a dress look. It's one of the things I love most about fall, all the creative layering you can get into!
STYLING HER BABY GIRL: As long as Satyana is out of the house with clothes on, she's good to go! She's so young but she's already picking out her own clothes. I still try to make sure she's coordinated though. I order most of her clothes from Mini Boden. They have a lot of colorful, fun things great for kids, and everything matches together so easily. I like to set her loose on the wardrobe and just see what she comes up with. She's so creative!
ACCESSORIZING AND BABIES DON'T MIX: My accessorizing definitely changed after I had Satyana. No more dangly necklaces and earrings because she'll reach up and yank on them. I love stacking bracelets on my arms whenever I remember in the morning, but the focus isn't really on me anymore. It's mainly on getting Sati dressed and out of the door!
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment