Kimora Lee Simmons | yohana

Kimora Lee Simmons
We recently caught up with the mom-slash-mogul and star of Life in the Fab Lane to get the scoop on her personal style and her favorite fashion and beauty tips!
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: I think my style is timeless. It's still chic, feminine and flirty, but it's a little more classic in the sense that I mix and match pieces that are more timeless. I pick pieces that I can wear again and again.
WARDROBE STAPLES: You have to have a great jean, a great stiletto, a great fitted blazer or jacket and a good handbag. I love J Brand jeans. I like Roberto Cavalli. I think Topshop is really cute. It's important to mix high end with low end and to just have lots of fun with your fashion.
FIRST PAIR OF DESIGNER HEELS: I grew up with Chanel. So they must've been in a black satin diamond quilted pattern. I was young, so I wore them with my jeans and my little blazer or my little sweater. I like to mix and match.
COUPLE CHIC: Djimon [Hounsou] and I don't overly try to coordinate. He's classic, so it just falls together. You vibe more with a person the more you are around them.
FAVE NEW PURCHASE: I just got a navy blue Birkin. It's the 40 centimeters. It's the hot color. It's really beautiful.
Kimora Lee Simmons, Aoki Lee Simmons, Ming Lee Simmons

ADVICE TO DAUGHTERS: Actually, they give me more fashion advice than I give them! They're really great with mixing up their looks. They love to play in the closet. It's all about wearing what's appropriate for your age. But you definitely want to play it up with colors at the same time.
CUE FROM KARL: Karl Lagerfeld, who discovered me, was a mentor for me all of my life. I learned so much from him just about respect for yourself and respect for others and being unafraid to be creative and showing your creativity. Some people may love it and some people may hate it, but to always be an individual is important.
FASHIONISTAS TO WATCH: I like Katy Perry. I think she's cute and trendy and fun. I like Zoe Saldana. She's a timeless, classic young actress who's more simple and put together. I love Kate Winslet. She's classic and beautiful. I also love her because she's curvy and has a great body and isn't always trying to be overly skinny.
fashionsandmode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment